3.3.1 -- Oct 6, 2013
- [SMACK-428] - RosterEntry overrides equals, but not hashcode.
- [SMACK-438] - Possible NPE in MultiUserChat.InvitationsMonitor.getInvitationsMonitor()
- [SMACK-441] - Memory leak in KeepAliveManager
- [SMACK-447] - Compression is not enabled for Java7ZlibInputOutputStream
- [SMACK-448] - Java7ZlibInputOutputStream does not work. Deflater.DEFAULT_STRATEGY is used as compression level when it should use Deflater.DEFAULT_COMPRESSION
- [SMACK-450] - VCard.load() throws null pointer exception if there is no VCard for the user
- [SMACK-455] - Multiple items doesn`t not parse correctly in a pubsub message
- [SMACK-425] - Collect (parser) Exceptions and unparseable stanzas. Provide a callback method so that the user is notified about them if he wants to
- [SMACK-369] - Exceptions during login should get thrown back up to the caller.
- [SMACK-439] - Improve documentation for MultiUserChat.InvitationsListener
- [SMACK-451] - PingManager entry in META-INF/smack.providers is within Ad-Hoc Command section
- [SMACK-431] - Enable Entity Caps as default for new connections and write extensions documentation html page
- [SMACK-405] - Cleanup of redundant code in XMPPConnection.shutdown()
3.3.0 -- May 4, 2013
- [SMACK-225] - Improper handeling of DNS SRV records
- [SMACK-238] - The vCard avatar type always return jpg
- [SMACK-270] - Fix for a memory leak in MUC with MUC.finalize()
- [SMACK-278] - Deadlock during Smack disconnect
- [SMACK-342] - VCards causes ConcurrentModificationException
- [SMACK-344] - Bug in SASL authentication mechanism when SRV records are being used.
- [SMACK-351] - Rework File Transfer
- [SMACK-352] - Update the licensing headers in various files.
- [SMACK-355] - IO Error if smack cant use port for local proxy
- [SMACK-371] - Some MUC tasks are using stanza's as defined in an older version of the spec. Fails to work on some servers.
- [SMACK-375] - Node strings in the discovery info packets are not escaped as in the other packets
- [SMACK-382] - Prevent memory leak in AdHocCommandManager
- [SMACK-384] - Endless waiting for connection to be established
- [SMACK-390] - Smack login will fail if a bad delay packet is received
- [SMACK-392] - In ant build, compile-test target doesn't work.
- [SMACK-394] - Erroneous cast in IBBInputStream's read() method
- [SMACK-395] - Socks5BytestreamManager's establishConnection() should still try to use the local streamhost proxy if the server doesn't provide one
- [SMACK-404] - Smack uses the wrong method to decode Base64 Strings
- [SMACK-413] - VCardProvider incorrectly parses binary value of avatars
- [SMACK-415] - ItemProvider relies on incorrect behavior of MXParser, violating the contract of the XMLPullParser interface
- [SMACK-417] - If both PacketReader and PacketWriter fail at the same time, connectionClosedonError() is called two times
- [SMACK-331] - Add support for XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
- [SMACK-345] - Inproved detection of last activity
- [SMACK-361] - Add support for XEP-0115 Entity Capabilities
- [SMACK-376] - Setting a custom trust manager to control certificates from outside
- [SMACK-388] - XEP-199 XMPP Ping support
- [SMACK-341] - Update the PacketCollector and ConnectionDetachedPacketCollector to use the java concurrent classes.
- [SMACK-358] - Support additional properties for account creation in test cases.
- [SMACK-363] - Code Cleanup
- [SMACK-377] - avoid unnecessary DNS requests in XMPPconnection
- [SMACK-379] - Sessions were removed from the specification but Smack still uses them. Should be updated to reflect the spec changes.
- [SMACK-385] - Reusing KeyStore in order to reduce memory usage
- [SMACK-389] - Add java.util.zip.Deflater(In|Out)putStream as Java7 API native alternative to JZlib
- [SMACK-391] - Improve date parsing in StringUtils and make DelayInformationProvider use StringUtils for date parsing.
- [SMACK-412] - Replace the whitespace ping with a XEP-0199 ping
- [SMACK-419] - PacketWriter: Only flush the BufferedWriter if the packet queue is empty
- [SMACK-423] - Investigate whether unhandled packets should still parse the child xml into a string as content
- [SMACK-430] - Throw an exception if FileTransferManager.createOutgoingFileTransfer() was used with a bare JID
3.2.2 -- Dec. 23, 2011
- [SMACK-263] - Set file info in all send* methods
- [SMACK-322] - NPE in XMPPConnection
- [SMACK-324] - Investigate SASL issue with jabberd2 servers
- [SMACK-338] - IBB filetransfer doesn't work as expected
- [SMACK-346] - Bug in return code for rejection handling in FileTransferManager
- [SMACK-348] - Documentation error - broken link
- [SMACK-349] - Smack's IBB sends too much data in a packet
- [SMACK-350] - Bytestream is not working in Spark 2.6.3 from XP to W7
- [SMACK-353] - Thread leak in the FaultTolerantNegotiator
- [SMACK-362] - smack throw NoSuchElementException if the muc#roominfo_subject has no values
- [SMACK-343] - Make Smack jar an OSGi bundle.
- [SMACK-354] - Provide milliseconds in timestamp colum debugwindow
3.2.1 -- July 4, 2011
- [SMACK-129] - MultiUserChat will Store Messages in its PacketCollector irregardless of whether or not they are being read
- [SMACK-230] - Disconnect Can Cause Null Pointer Exception
- [SMACK-273] - Bug in RoomListenerMultiplexor.java
- [SMACK-329] - XHTMLText uses improper format for br tag
- [SMACK-338] - IBB filetransfer doesn't work as expected
- [SMACK-324] - Investigate SASL issue with jabberd2 servers
3.2.0 -- May 3, 2011
- [SMACK-272] - Add support for pubsub (XEP-0060)
- [SMACK-296] - Add support for XEP-0224: Attention
- [SMACK-319] - Add common interfaces for SOCKS5 Bytestreams and In-Band Bytestreams
- [SMACK-137] - File Transfer Settings
- [SMACK-156] - Add the ability to register for roster events before logging in
- [SMACK-261] - Minor Jingle cleanup to better support Jingle in Spark
- [SMACK-277] - Update XMLUnit to the latest version
- [SMACK-282] - Support SASL-related error conditions.
- [SMACK-283] - Investigate why Jingle is connecting to stun.xten.net
- [SMACK-285] - Add support for Nicks
- [SMACK-289] - There is no way of retrieving items from a pubsub node when the user has multiple subscriptions.
- [SMACK-294] - Handle empty roster groups and no goups in the same way
- [SMACK-295] - Fire reconnectionSuccessful event when session is established
- [SMACK-297] - add configuration for local Socks5 proxy
- [SMACK-298] - Respond to all incoming Socks5 bytestream requests
- [SMACK-299] - Improve accepting of Socks5 bytestream requests
- [SMACK-300] - improve local Socks5 proxy implemetation
- [SMACK-301] - support for bytestream packets to query Socks5 proxy for network address
- [SMACK-302] - Improve establishing of Socks5 bytestreams
- [SMACK-303] - integrate of the extracted Socks5 bytestream API in file transfer API
- [SMACK-304] - Extend the IQ API to create empty IQ results and IQ error response packets
- [SMACK-307] - Improve Message Parser Robustness and Message Body I18N
- [SMACK-309] - Fully implement XEP-0047 In-Band Bytestreams
- [SMACK-310] - Add Support for Localized Message Subjects
- [SMACK-163] - Fix NPE in RoomInfo when subject has not value
- [SMACK-207] - Parsing of messages may disconnect Smack/Spark
- [SMACK-225] - Improper handeling of DNS SRV records
- [SMACK-232] - Better handling of Roster error
- [SMACK-243] - Packet with wrong date format makes Smack to disconnect
- [SMACK-264] - fix for NPE in SASLMechanism.java
- [SMACK-269] - Smack 3.1.0 creates a new chat for every incoming message
- [SMACK-271] - Deadlock in XMPPConnection while login and parsing stream features
- [SMACK-275] - Patch: Fix for broken SASL DIGEST-MD5 implementation
- [SMACK-280] - The authentification should use the Connection#sendPacket method and work transparent with packets and packet listeners.
- [SMACK-288] - The parsing of the result for a LeafNode.getItems() call is incorrect. It creates a DefaultPacketExtension instead of an Item for every other item in the result.
- [SMACK-290] - Deadlock while getting Roster before it's initialized
- [SMACK-291] - RosterGroup modifications should depend on roster push
- [SMACK-293] - Support optional roster subscription attribute
- [SMACK-305] - RosterEntry#getGroups causing a roster reload
- [SMACK-308] - Multiple errors in pubsub GetItemsRequest
- [SMACK-312] - Only fire RosterListener#entriesUpdated for RosterEntries that changed
- [SMACK-327] - getFeatures() method on DiscoverInfo is improperly set to be package protected instead of public
- [SMACK-328] - Number format exception while parsing dates.
- [SMACK-332] - Smack 3.2.0b2 shows wrong version in Smack Dubugger Window
- [SMACK-334] - Error in form for FileTransferNegotiator
3.1.0 -- November 20, 2008
- [SMACK-142] - Added support for Kerberos/NTLM. (6 votes)
- [SMACK-210] - Added support for MD5 SASL. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-256] - Added support for new sophisticated TLS mechanisms including SmartCard and Apple's KeychainStore.
- [SMACK-242] - Added support for JEP-50: Ad-hoc commands.
- [SMACK-251] - Added support for XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-226] - XMLConnection can now be used with an http/socks proxy. (2 votes)
- [SMACK-254] - Loading the Roster during login is now optional.
- [SMACK-255] - Added ability to set mime type for avatar.
- [SMACK-235] - Improved performance of Roster class.
- [SMACK-241] - Updated Base64 implementation to match Openfire's.
- [SMACK-240] - Updated Jingle implementation to newest version.
- [SMACK-246] - Improve Jingle logging using commons-logging
- [SMACK-244] - Updated JSTUN to 0.7.2.
- [SMACK-259] - Updated XPP library to latest version.
- [SMACK-231] - IBB Outputstream was not being flushed before it was closed.
- [SMACK-236] - Renamed stanza error "unexpected-condition" to "unexpected-request".
- [SMACK-258] - Fixed disconnection issue when parsing SASL success that contained a payload.
- [SMACK-175] - Fixed typo in RosterPacket.ItemStatus constant.
- [SMACK-260] - Added handling of error presence packets
3.0.3 -- May 31, 2007
- [SMACK-99] - Added support for multiple message bodies and message body languages.
- [SMACK-218] - Implemented GSSAPI for single-sign on.
- [SMACK-219] - The getPresence method was not working correctly with offline presence.
- [SMACK-224] - SASL authenticion was using the XMPP domain instead of the FQDN.
3.0.2 -- May 3, 2007
- [SMACK-212] - Jingle can't establish session if only one side has a relay service
- [SMACK-213] - RTP Bridge Resolver get wrong localhost address in certain situations
- [SMACK-214] - Presences with a negative priority of -1 are not sending the priority to the server
3.0.1 -- April 12, 2007
- [SMACK-211] - Jingle ICE with relay sometimes closed sessions.
- Upgraded bundled version of JSTUN.
3.0.0 -- March 31, 2007
- Java 5 is now required.
- Several API changes are not backwards compatible. In particular, connection handling has
been significantly updated, the GroupChat class has been dropped in favor of the standardized
MultiUserChat, and the Chat class has an updated API.
- [SMACK-74] - Added support for unavailable presences with status text. (4 votes)
- [SMACK-191] - RosterListener API improvements.
- [SMACK-194] - Roster.getPresence(String) now considers mode after priority to determine the presence value to return.
- [SMACK-195] - Added the ability to disconnect with a custom presence value (for offline status).
- [SMACK-200] - Added convenience methods to Presence class.
- [SMACK-31] - Added support for privacy lists. (4 votes)
- [SMACK-94] - Added support for last activity of online users. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-121] - Added support for stream errors.
- [SMACK-136] - Added support for XEP-0048: bookmark storage.
- [SMACK-144] - Added bookmark manager for central bookmark management.
- [SMACK-150] - Added support for handling node features in disco.
- [SMACK-167] - Added support for XEP-0106: JID Escaping
- [SMACK-171] - The presence of available contacts is now changed to offline when the connection is closed.
- [SMACK-172] - Added support for re-connection when the connection is abruptly closed.
- [SMACK-182] - ProviderManager is now pluggable (for Eclipse ECF).
- [SMACK-185] - Added the workgroup API to Smack.
- [SMACK-206] - Added the option to specify the username to use for the automated test cases.
- [SMACK-208] - Added a max queue size for outgoing packets to prevent memory issues during extreme load.
- [SMACK-209] - Initial Jingle support implemented.
- [SMACK-6] - Don't force use of collectors in Chat class.
- [SMACK-10] - Flush pending packets before closing the connection. (4 votes)
- [SMACK-51] - Use unique Thread names among connections.
- [SMACK-54] - Add #equals and #hashCode to Occupant.
- [SMACK-86] - Made presence checks case in-sensitive.
- [SMACK-93] - XHTML provider wasn't handling some tags correctly.
- [SMACK-138] - Added caching to file transfer negotiation operations.
- [SMACK-143] - Updated XMPPError to be compliant with RFC3920.
- [SMACK-145] - XHTML parsing could fail in some cases.
- [SMACK-146] - DNS lookups were failing with some DNS servers.
- [SMACK-147] - Removed invisibility presence mode.
- [SMACK-148] - Socks 5 listening thread was not cleaning up correctly. (2 votes)
- [SMACK-149] - Fixed possible memory leaking in PacketReader.
- [SMACK-151] - Now use getBytes("UTF-8") instead of getBytes().
- [SMACK-152] - The FN field is duplicated when loading vCards from the server.
- [SMACK-153] - Optimized performance by replacing StringBuffer with StringBuilder.
- [SMACK-154] - Fixed roster test cases that were sometimes failing.
- [SMACK-155] - Optimized MUC performance by reducing number of packet collectors and listeners.
- [SMACK-158] - FileTransfer isDone() method was returning true even when the transfer was refused.
- [SMACK-159] - Filenames were not escaped for file transfers.
- [SMACK-160] - Now use stream:feature to discover registration support.
- [SMACK-161] - Improved connection speed.
- [SMACK-162] - Fixed NPE in SmackConfiguration.
- [SMACK-163] - Fixed NPE in RoomInfo when subject was null.
- [SMACK-164] - Contact name was not being escaped.
- [SMACK-165] - Listeners were not being removed from PacketReader.
- [SMACK-166] - Packet reader thread was freezing when parsing an error text with no description.
- [SMACK-168] - Fixed possible delay in PacketReader when negotiating TLS.
- [SMACK-173] - Renamed ConnectionEstablishedListener to ConnectionCreationListener.
- [SMACK-176] - Fixed incorrect property initialization.
- [SMACK-177] - Removed synchronization from Roster.
- [SMACK-178] - Added NodeInformation#getNodeIdentities() to return identities of hosted nodes
- [SMACK-181] - Improved parsing of certificates to get signed domains.
- [SMACK-183] - Documentation fixes.
- [SMACK-184] - Simplified XMPPConnection constructors.
- [SMACK-203] - NULL thread IDs would cause an error inside of the Chat Manager.
- [SMACK-205] - Fixed PacketReader concurrency problems.
- [SMACK-188] - Resources are now closed after reading the keystore.
- [SMACK-189] - The listener was remaining blocked forever in some cases.
- [SMACK-190] - Exceptions while notifying packet reader listeners was stopping the notification thread.
- [SMACK-192] - Roster.getPresence(String) now forces use of the bare JID.
- [SMACK-193] - New presence packets now default to a null presence mode.
- [SMACK-196] - Now set closed to true at the start of the connection shutdown method and not the end.
- [SMACK-197] - The source build was failing.
- [SMACK-198] - File transfer streams were not being closed properly in some cases.
- [SMACK-199] - MultiUserChat invitation listeners are no longer removed on disconnects.
- [SMACK-201] - Roster no longer exposes that it implements ConnectionListener.
2.2.1 -- June 12, 2006
- [SMACK-141] - Fixed SSL exception while creating new XMPPConnections. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-127] - Fixed incorrect file transfer progress.
- [SMACK-130] - Fixed VCard escaping problem that was crashing connections.
- [SMACK-134] - VCards were not being saved when avatar was the only element.
- [SMACK-131] - Illegal XML characters are now properly escaped in the presence status.
- [SMACK-133] - Illegal XML characters are now properly escaped in groups names.
- [SMACK-132] - Fixed IBB problem triggered when buffersize was increased.
- [SMACK-135] - Moved to new Base64 implementation to fix line break issue in old implementation.
2.2.0 -- March 9, 2006
- [SMACK-122] - Added support for JEP-96: File Transfer. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-72] - Added support for JEP-47: In-Band Bytestreams. (2 votes)
- [SMACK-122] - Added support for JEP-65: SOCKS5 Bytestreams. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-112] - Added support for JEP-38 Stream Compression.
- [SMACK-117] - Added support for JEP-33: Extended Stanza Addressing.
- [SMACK-27] - Certification validation is now pluggable.
- [SMACK-118] - Added methods to dynamically remove providers.
- [SMACK-125] - Added support for deaf occupant in MUC rooms.
- [SMACK-109] - Optimized client performance. (1 vote)
- [SMACK-113] - Added support for choosing if TLS should be used or not.
- [SMACK-114] - Added support for choosing if SASL should be used or not.
- [SMACK-123] - A thread is no longer used for packet writer listeners.
- [SMACK-110] - Resource binding and session establishment are now requested only if the server offered them.
- [SMACK-111] - Fixed concurrency issue with date formatter.
- [SMACK-116] - Fixed vCard issues.
- [SMACK-119] - Fixed AccessControlException when using vCard from an applet.
- [SMACK-120] - Listener thread was not being shutdown properly.
- [SMACK-124] - Parsing resource binding packets was requiring smackx.jar file to be in the classpath.
- [SMACK-97] - Fixed functional test failures in PresencePriorityTest and RosterTest.