2.5.0 Beta 4 -- March 9th, 2007
- [SPARK-2] - Now show status of offline users.
- [SPARK-382] - Added ctrl+e to display last 10 conversations.
- [SPARK-410] - Now all plugins to be operating-system specific
- [SPARK-559] - Refactored ContactList, ContactGroup and ContactItem to allow all event operations to run through the ContactList itself.
- [SPARK-561] - Added new tray notification for incoming fastpath chat requests.
- [SPARK-567] - Added Pack200 support to lower the overall deployment size of Spark.
- [SPARK-568] - Added typing notification for Fastpath Conference chats.
- [SPARK-571] - Added client to client VOIP support.
- [SPARK-453] - Linux distribution no longer depends on the windows dir.
- [SPARK-471] - Fixed presence issue inside chat rooms.
- [SPARK-510] - Conference Invitation page needs UI improvements.
- [SPARK-551] - Handle gateway jids and adding of gateway users more gracefully.
- [SPARK-552] - Added new error handling UI for Soft Phone.
- [SPARK-553] - Presence now changes back to normal presence when hanging up phone call.
- [SPARK-554] - Opening of a chat room now hides contact tooltip.
- [SPARK-555] - Usernames with escapeable characters are now handled correctly in history.
- [SPARK-556] - VCardManager now caches invalid vCards to prevent network abuse.
- [SPARK-557] - Soft Phone only loads vCards if the user is registered.
- [SPARK-558] - IRC-Style Shortcuts are now displayed in history.
- [SPARK-565] - Users are now notified that they need to reconnect to a conference room when disconnected.
2.5.0 Beta 3 -- February 15th, 2007
- [SPARK-255] - Added drag and drop contacts into conference rooms to invite.
- [SPARK-452] - Added IRC-Style Shortcuts
- [SPARK-314] - Fixed Apple-W to close a chat tab/window.
- [SPARK-376] - Fixed problem with usernames with characters like \ / : * ? " < > | in their name.
- [SPARK-455] - Fixed auto away issue on linux.
- [SPARK-456] - Fix issue with links in send area.
- [SPARK-463] - Fixed issue with spaces in gateway contact names.
- [SPARK-472] - Fixed double messages with broadcasts.
- [SPARK-478] - Fixed issue with losing conference invitations after Spark reconnects.
- [SPARK-481] - Fixed reconnect issue with idle.
- [SPARK-486] - Timestamps are no correct when running on Vista.
- [SPARK-487] - Users can now send screen shots when running Spark on Vista
- [SPARK-488] - Fixed file transfer on Vista
- [SPARK-500] - Fixed gateway presence change when user is disconnected causes Spark crash.
- [SPARK-501] - Fixed Ctrl+F issue on OSX.
- [SPARK-502] - Turned off DTD validation in EmoticonManager.
- [SPARK-503] - Fixed grin emoticon not showing issue.
- [SPARK-509] - Fixed multiple presences being sent issue on VCard change.
- [SPARK-511] - No longer put users in invalid conference room.
- [SPARK-532] - Spark now alert users when there is no program associated with a file a user is trying to open after File Transfer.
- [SPARK-534] - Linux build is no longer corrupted.
- [SPARK-535] - Spark no longer validates DTD for Emoticons.plist.
- [SPARK-536] - MSI files now contain the Spark.exe file.
- [SPARK-537] - Added a universal binary of the JavaApplicationStub for Spark.
- [SPARK-538] - Fastpath auto-logs in after disconnect.
- [SPARK-540] - Improved error message on login failure.
- [SPARK-542] - HTTPS Proxy is now working.
- [SPARK-543] - Notifications can now be disabled.
- [SPARK-544] - Roster window shows nickname option if specified in Profile.
- [SPARK-545] - Clearing avatar takes immeditate effect.
- [SPARK-546] - Chat History now shows approriate nicknmes when possible.
- [SPARK-549] - [Mac] Starting new conversations no longer fails to bring the message window to the front
- [SPARK-550] - Fixed notification issue with tray popups and bring to front.
2.5.0 Beta 2 -- February 6th, 2007
- [SPARK-200] - Allow drag and drop out of the chat window before and after file transfer
- [SPARK-517] - Simplified the viewing of users vCard information.
- [SPARK-519] - Bookmarks are now located in the Spark main window menu bar.
- [SPARK-497] - Fixed "Away due to idle" on/off preference issue.
- [SPARK-499] - Fixed error occuring when choosing invalid emoticon packs.
- [SPARK-505] - Fixed loading of cached vcard when editing personal profile.
- [SPARK-508] - Conference rooms jids are now escaped.
- [SPARK-513] - Fixed inconsistent behavior in tab notifications.
- [SPARK-514] - Fixed loading of file chooser in avatar panel.
- [SPARK-516] - Spark now uses default look and feel when running on Windows Vista.
- [SPARK-520] - Fixed hanging of Spark when adding new contacts.
- [SPARK-521] - Group chat rooms now ignore presences with type error.
- [SPARK-522] - Tabs within Spark are now easier to determine active/inactive.
- [SPARK-525] - Spark no longer persists password if user requests password to not be saved.
- [SPARK-526] - Fixed "Join on startup" in Conference room tab.
- [SPARK-527] - Auto-joined rooms now display spell-checker and emoticon picklist.
- [SPARK-529] - Conference invitation dialog now shows names in alphabetical order along with their presence.
2.5.0 Beta 1 -- January 31st, 2007
- [SPARK-515] - Spar now has an Enhanced Look and Feel.
- [SPARK-518] - Added new auto-grow send field box.
- [SPARK-523] - Added support for chat and email options in contact tooltips.
- [SPARK-524] - Spark now shows full address of conference room.
- [SPARK-528] - Message history is now grouped by Day, Month, Year.
- [SPARK-531] - Added the new "Buzz" feature, which allows users to give others a little nudge.
- [SPARK-235] - Spark now supports Adium emoticon packs.
- [SPARK-390] - Fixed presence issue caused by installed gateways.
- [SPARK-405] - Conference bookmarks are now persisted on the server.
- [SPARK-420] - Fixed window repainting on tab transitions.
- [SPARK-424] - Fixed contact list error occuring on reconnect.
- [SPARK-427] - Spark now allows for actions to occur on tooltips.
- [SPARK-473] - Fixed presence issue in group chat rooms.
- [SPARK-492] - Spark now defaults presence priority to 1 rather than 0.
- [SPARK-506] - Fixed send field resize issue when chat frame was resized.
- [SPARK-507] - Fixed asterisks plugin. Asterisks is now fully functional.
- [SPARK-530] - Improved performance of loading and persisting of transcripts.
2.0.8 -- January 23rd, 2007
- [SPARK-462] - Added notification preferences for user presence.
- [SPARK-449] - Fix chat transcript parsing error with UTF-8
- [SPARK-450] - Fixed tab refreshing problem.
- [SPARK-460] - Remove old icons from group chat room.
- [SPARK-461] - Improved Toaster popup UI
- [SPARK-465] - Conference Participant list becomes corrupted on presence changes.
- [SPARK-468] - Logging out with Chat windows open does not save chat transcript.
- [SPARK-469] - Spark needs to do update checks against the new Ignite site.
- [SPARK-470] - VCard loading for email chat info should not be in own thread.
- [SPARK-475] - Spark 2.0.8 custom skin w/ wildfire spark version set, always thinks there's a newer version
- [SPARK-476] - Asterisks plugin is fully functional.
- [SPARK-477] - Users are being removed from the participant list on presence change.
- [SPARK-479] - VCard caching not updating avatar.
- [SPARK-480] - Stale chats logic removes incoming message notification.
2.0.7 -- December 4th, 2006
- [SPARK-444] - Added one-click hide from system tray.
- [SPARK-445] - Added simple log viewer.
- [SPARK-447] - Added Typing notification to individual tabs and Frame.
- [SPARK-398] - Nicknames should be sortable in group chat rooms.
- [SPARK-428] - Fixed issue with removing start on startup in preferences.
- [SPARK-435] - Setting presence to DND works correctly.
- [SPARK-436] - Verify new JID escaping with transports works correctly.
- [SPARK-437] - Auto reconnect to notify each connection manager to reset themselves.
- [SPARK-438] - Rooms need to be active when Reconnection was successfull
- [SPARK-439] - Yahoo! Logo shows up in vcard popup for offline users
- [SPARK-440] - No longer sending presence to Gateway if not signed in.
- [SPARK-441] - Chat room send field no longer becomes disabled.
- [SPARK-442] - Logging out causes temporary blank spark to appear.
- [SPARK-443] - The Translator plug-in does not work
- [SPARK-446] - No longer show toast popups when a message has an error.
2.0.6 -- November 20, 2006
- [SPARK-414] - Added Grabber icon to the bottom right of each frame.
- [SPARK-415] - Removed background from JButtons for better UI on OSX.
- [SPARK-416] - Replaced old icon for menu tray.
- [SPARK-418] - Improved upon Members Only Group Chats.
- [SPARK-419] - Fixed MSI build.
- [SPARK-425] - Creating account with in-band registration caused NPE in spark.
- [SPARK-426] - Improve compatibility with GTalk.
- [SPARK-428] - Fixed issue with removing start on startup in preferences.
- [SPARK-429] - Improved Gateway tooltips.
- [SPARK-430] - MSN roster invites work.
- [SPARK-432] - Adding new users will not offer gateway if the user is not from an external system.
- [SPARK-433] - Fixed lost message issue with GTalk users.
- [SPARK-353] - Improved upon conference invitations.
2.0.5 -- October 30, 2006
- [SPARK-358] - Added a beta version of the MSI installer.
- [SPARK-402] - Added ability to add new contacts through transports.
- [SPARK-393] - Fixed blank tab on MAC OSX when presence changed.
- [SPARK-400] - Spark now checks for available real estate on monitor.
- [SPARK-403] - Fixed private chats in group chat rooms.
2.0.4 -- October 18, 2006
- [SPARK-394] - Fixed user search.
- [SPARK-395] - Fixed issue with broadcasts.
- [SPARK-396] - Auto discovery is now working with SRV lookup.
- [SPARK-397] - Fixed some minor issues with group chat rooms.
2.0.3 -- October 11, 2006
- [SPARK-364] - Added French translation to Spark.
- [SPARK-385] - Added Italian translation to Spark.
- [SPARK-386] - Added Dutch translation to Spark.
- [SPARK-379] - Fixed exception that occured when services could be loaded from the server.
- [SPARK-383] - Gateway information is now based on disco and not the subdomain name.
- [SPARK-387] - Fixed disconnect on illegal error packet.
- [SPARK-388] - Fixed flaky gateway detection in contact list
- [SPARK-392] - Fixed removal of sames user in multiple rooms.
2.0.2 -- September 28, 2006
- [SPARK-363] - Added screen selection capability to the screenshot feature.
- [SPARK-356] - Added German translation to Spark.
- [SPARK-359] - Updated icons and text in Spark to reflect functionallity better.
- [SPARK-370] - Added sound preference for incoming chat invitations.
- [SPARK-374] - Improved message notifications using sounds and toasters.
- [SPARK-357] - Spark Manager now handles the online spark distribution correctly.
- [SPARK-360] - Added missing i18n properties.
- [SPARK-361] - Fixed case where users were showing up as offline when they are online.
- [SPARK-362] - Allow passwords with leading and trailing spaces.
- [SPARK-365] - File transfers through a proxy no longer fails.
- [SPARK-366] - Show login failure when Spark is in the system tray and login fails.
- [SPARK-367] - Spark can now run with limited operating system permissions.
- [SPARK-368] - Fixed error with wildcard searchs.
- [SPARK-369] - Fixed connection issue with Facetime and Akonix.
- [SPARK-371] - Added back ctrl+n (now ctrl+f) for user searching within contact list and chat window.
2.0.1 -- September 11, 2006
- [SPARK-350] - Added icons and registration for ICQ gateways.
- [SPARK-341] - Changed online installer to require JRE 1.5.
- [SPARK-342] - Spark will not start if the language settings do not match i18n.
- [SPARK-343] - Spark handles upgrades with the online tag.
- [SPARK-344] - Fixed invalid paths with sound preference.
- [SPARK-345] - XMPP URI mapping now registers correctly with the registry.
- [SPARK-346] - Search no longer crashes in Spark
- [SPARK-347] - Fixed multiple presence packets being sent on idle.
- [SPARK-348] - Gateway plugin now checks the server on separate thread.
- [SPARK-351] - Changed Spark to use default look and feel on OSX.
- [SPARK-352] - Display correct message on uninstalls of plugins in the plugin viewer.
2.0.0 -- September 7, 2006
- Initial release as an Open Source project!
- [SPARK-5] - Added resource bundle support so that Spark can support translations.
- [SPARK-28] - Added ability to send a file transfer to an offline contact (file is sent when they become available).
- [SPARK-45] - Added support for storing group chat bookmarks (JEP-0048).
- [SPARK-78] - Improved tab management.
- [SPARK-162] - Improved UI of chat history when opening window.
- [SPARK-169] - Spark now stacks chat tabs instead of scrolling them.
- [SPARK-177] - Added XMPP URI Mapping to Spark
- [SPARK-181] - Improved the Mac installer.
- [SPARK-290] - Added ability to resend files when transfer fails.
- [SPARK-291] - Add file transfer timeout setting to preferences.
- [SPARK-292] - starting conversations with "user" (not really a JID) is possible, Spark could attach "@server.com" to make it
- [SPARK-298] - Presence updates now show timestamp.
- [SPARK-299] - Incremental scroll units should be moved to 150 instead of 50.
- [SPARK-302] - Added nested groups support.
- [SPARK-314] - Apple-W now closes a chat tab/window on Mac.
- [SPARK-315] - Improved Growl support on Mac.
- [SPARK-324] - It's now possible to logout with a reason.
- [SPARK-330] - The preferences dialog is no longer modal.
- [SPARK-332] - Added activity monitoring for users typing, going offline and online to contact list.
- [SPARK-333] - Added support for gateways.
- [SPARK-335] - Added new notification preferences.
- [SPARK-14] - Spark no longer unchecks the auto-login feature on disconnects.
- [SPARK-88] - The update process now checks to see if the update is already downloaded (in case the user never restarted Spark).
- [SPARK-101] - The chat window now has proper Mac OS X menus.
- [SPARK-208] - Allow VM params to be set for graphics rendering options.
- [SPARK-218] - Non-English characters were noe displayed correctly in vCards.
- [SPARK-221] - Sparkplugs were not "sticking" after restart on the Mac.
- [SPARK-238] - Setting download directory in Spark is now persisted on logout.
- [SPARK-240] - Some commands should not be offered for workgroups in roster.
- [SPARK-245] - 0 byte files were crashing Spark.
- [SPARK-253] - GroupChatRoomInfo needs to support DBCS.
- [SPARK-279] - Special characters in the away message could crash Spark.
- [SPARK-280] - Spark was not showing avatars created in Google.
- [SPARK-281] - Conference button hidden in chat room toolbar.
- [SPARK-282] - Broadcast message functionallity is now dictated by the broadcast plugin in spark.
- [SPARK-283] - In some cases, Spark was not starting due to an exception in Tray handling.
- [SPARK-285] - The link-2-text filter was not matching all URL's correctly.
- [SPARK-288] - Spark was ignoring error messages in certain cases.
- [SPARK-293] - Cancel of Spark Manager download does was actually closing the input stream.
- [SPARK-294] - Improved logic around avatar handling.
- [SPARK-297] - Mac/Linux - conference invites were never received.
- [SPARK-300] - Unsubscribe packet was triggering unsubscribe response.
- [SPARK-301] - Offline messages were not saved in transcript history.
- [SPARK-303] - Fixed memory leak in ChatRoom.
- [SPARK-304] - Added chat history to the chat room window.
- [SPARK-305] - Added a preference option to specify a download folder.
- [SPARK-306] - The text ": - )" now shows a smiley.
- [SPARK-317] - Fixed error when loading user history.
- [SPARK-318] - Added a way to specify cleanly that a Sparkplug will fail when Spark API changes.
- [SPARK-321] - Pending Presence subscription from other users were not showing up in Spark.
- [SPARK-322] - Fixed error retrieving vCards from dJabberd
- [SPARK-323] - The auto-away feature now changes presence priority to 0.
- [SPARK-326] - Double clicking on a user search result was not starting a chat conversation.
- [SPARK-328] - Fixed bug where Spark wouldn't start due to bad proxy config.
- [SPARK-331] - Message of type HEADLINE can now popup as a toaster.