public class IQAdminHandler extends ObjectA handler for the IQ packet with namespace http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin. This kind of packets are usually sent by room admins. So this handler provides the necessary functionality to support administrator requirements such as: managing room members/outcasts/etc., kicking occupants and banning users.
- Gaston Dombiak
All Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
handleIQ(org.xmpp.packet.IQ packet, MUCRole role)Handles the IQ packet sent by an owner or admin of the room.
public void handleIQ(org.xmpp.packet.IQ packet, MUCRole role) throws ForbiddenException, ConflictException, NotAllowedException, CannotBeInvitedExceptionHandles the IQ packet sent by an owner or admin of the room. Possible actions are:
- Return the list of participants
- Return the list of moderators
- Return the list of members
- Return the list of outcasts
- Change user's affiliation to member
- Change user's affiliation to outcast
- Change user's affiliation to none
- Change occupant's affiliation to moderator
- Change occupant's affiliation to participant
- Change occupant's affiliation to visitor
- Kick occupants from the room
packet- the IQ packet sent by an owner or admin of the room.
role- the role of the user that sent the request packet.
ForbiddenException- If the user is not allowed to perform his request.
ConflictException- If the desired room nickname is already reserved for the room or if the room was going to lose all of its owners.
NotAllowedException- Thrown if trying to ban an owner or an administrator.
CannotBeInvitedException- If the user being invited as a result of being added to a members-only room still does not have permission